- VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) Counselor
- Department of Veterans Affairs
1300 Sunnyside Ave
Lawrence, KS 66045
The VetSuccess on Campus (VSOC) program is a collaborative effort between KU and the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to help veterans, servicemembers, and their qualified dependents succeed and thrive through a coordinated delivery of on-campus benefits assistance and counseling, leading to completion of their education and preparing them to enter the labor market in viable careers.
This program places a full-time VSOC counselor on the Lawrence campus. KU is one of 104 schools nationwide with this program.
Reach out to Angela today to schedule an appointment.
VSOC Services Include:
- Guidance in selecting a major/career path compatible with your interests, aptitudes, abilities
- Assistance in achieving educational, career goals; educational and career counseling
- Adjustment counseling to help complete education programs and find employment
- Resume support
- Ch. 36 personalized career planning and guidance (PCPG)
- Ensuring effective use of VA benefits
- Information on other VA benefits, e.g. disability compensation, Veterans Readiness & Employment
- Connection to other VA benefits, e.g. VA health care & mental health services
- Servicemembers and veterans eligible for any VA educational benefit
- Spouses/dependents eligible for Post-9/11 VA education benefits