- KU Student Veterans of America (KU SVA) — open to all KU students, including those who support the military but have not served.
- KU Veterans Alumni Network (KU VAN) — open to all military-affiliated alumni and friends.
- The Kansas Law School Military and Veterans Society is open to all KU students. Their focus is to help veterans interested in attending law school, to help those in law school who are interested in military service after graduation, and to provide camaraderie for all those who appreciate and want to support the military. Contact them by visiting RockChalk Central
Events & Recognitions
August/September: Welcome Back Meet-and-Greet
Join us each fall as we kick off the new school year. The entire KU community - students, alumni, faculty, staff - is welcome. Look for details in the summer.
November: Veterans Day Week
Each year we celebrate Veterans Day Week with a series of events, including:
- KU Salute to Service football and basketball games
- Tribute to Veteran’s Gala, Dole Institute of Politics. For more information, contact the Dole Institute at 785-864-4900 or email@example.com.
- KU Student Veterans of America celebrates Marine Corps birthday with free cake for all
- ROTCs’ 24-hour vigil. KU ROTC cadets and midshipmen will be posted in uniform at KU’s war memorial sites along Memorial Drive.
- Veterans Day wreath laying ceremony
- AnnualKU Vets Day 5K
April/May: Year-End Celebration
- Each spring, we celebrate the end of the year. The entire KU community - students, alumni, faculty, staff - is welcome. Look for details in the spring semester.
Ongoing: Kansas Veterans Virtual Memory Wall
- The Kansas Veterans Virtual Memory Wall at the Dole Institute continues Sen. Bob Dole’s commitment to honoring Kansas veterans past and present. Submissions are always welcome of veterans who have served our country from World War II until today who have a Kansas connection: whether they were born, lived, stationed or served in Kansas. Submit a veteran profile at Kansas Veterans Virtual Memory Wall or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-4900 for more information.