School Enrollment Verification Letters

Details on how to request a school enrollment verification letter for the VA's Civilian Health and Medical Program (CHAMPVA) or military ID cards (and TRICARE) can be found below.

Military ID cards (and TRICARE)

As a student you may be eligible for your military ID card and TRICARE until your 23rd birthday or until you graduate, whichever comes first. For eligibility to extend beyond the age of 21, you must:

  • Be enrolled full-time. To verify your enrollment status, complete a KU Certification of Enrollment "Form Request." When completing this form, select that you want to have it emailed to you.
  • Depend on the sponsor for more than half of your financial support.
  • Submit this information at an ID card issuing facility. If necessary, ensure that your parent has signed a power of attorney to empower you to independently complete this process and renewed your beneficiary ID.

Locate the nearest ID card issuing facility


The VA's Civilian Health and Medical Program (CHAMPVA) is a health benefits program in which the VA shares the cost of certain health care services and supplies with eligible beneficiaries. Visit the CHAMPVA website for more details, including a program guide and application form.

Child annuitants' school certification requirements while attending KU:
  • Be enrolled full time
  • Within one month after the first term begins, submit school enrollment certification verifying full-time enrollment to establish eligibility
  • Recertification is required annually (at a minimum)
How to obtain the enrollment verification letter:
  • Select "Form Request" on the KU certification enrollment page and fill out the form, including entering:
    • Anticipated date of graduation
    • Last four of SSN
    • Check the box for "include credit hours"
    • The school can mail the certification for you to CHAMPVA. Include this address in the "Delivery option" - VHA Office of Community Care, CHAMPVA Eligibility, PO Box 469028, Denver, CO 80246-9028
    • Also, include a note in that box that you would like to be CC'ed on the paperwork and provide your e-mail address.